Who We Are
With offices in Berlin, Amsterdam and Paris, foodwatch is an international, not-for-profit
organisation that fights for consumers’ right to safe and high-quality food. We see ourselves as
the “public pressure group” for consumer protection, exposing abuses in the food sector and
naming those responsible. We have the freedom to do so because we are independent of
government and the food industry and financed through membership fees and donations.
We do not promote a certain way of eating but instead fight back against anti-consumer
business practices and advocate for more consumer rights in the agrifood sector. As outspoken
proponents of consumer protection, we ask the difficult questions and focus on awarenessraising
campaign work. Experience has shown: Pro-consumer changes are only made when
public pressure forces the respective companies or policymakers to react.
Who we are looking for
foodwatch International is recruiting a full-time International Campaign Management Director
(ICMD). This is a permanent position working 39 hours per week with 30 days annual leave.
This post will be based at the foodwatch international office in Berlin, Germany.
We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
The International Campaign Management Director (ICMD) will be responsible for the planning
and operational implementation of all international campaigns on the basis of the campaign
strategy developed with his input by the International Strategy Director (ISD). This individual is
also responsible for the dissemination of the international campaigns through the media, using
all of foodwatch’s communication channels. She/he organises campaign and planning
workshops and oversees both the content and budget of the international campaigns. (See
attached job description for more details).
- University degree or equivalent level of education
- High level of written and spoken English – preferably mother tongue or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively – both as a spokesperson for campaigns and in written content
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage priorities and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to motivate self and to coordinate a group (campaigners) to deliver common goals
- Capacity to set and operate budgets and monitor the achievement of budgetary targets
- Knowledge of other foodwatch languages (German, French, Dutch)
- Basic knowledge in the care and maintenance of a homepage
- Strong Windows-Office skills
- At least 5 years of experience in campaigning – planning, implementing and coordination
- Previous experience in coordinating teams
- Efficient and well-organised
- Committed to the support and development of staff
- An interest in the role of food in Europe as a sector and a human right for citizens
What You Can Expect from Us
At foodwatch, you will work in a professional environment with a young and highly motivated
team. We are small enough to offer short decision-making paths and direct exchange between
all levels of the organisation and large enough to initiate and shape public debate.
Our independence from government and the food industry means that we are free in our choice
of issues and our campaign approach. foodwatch’s campaigners do not write project proposals
for government funds. Instead, they work day after day on the best possible campaign strategies
for advancing their issues.
The salary is competitive with other NGOs. Our organisation also offers an occupational pension
scheme. And last but not least, our office enjoys a prime location in Berlin-Mitte, near
Rosenthaler Platz, with excellent accessibility to public transport systems and with numerous
restaurants and cafés in the immediate vicinity.
If interested, please email your CV (as one PDF, max. size 10 MB), along with an informative
cover letter, your academic certificates, samples of your work and your salary expectations, to
International Executive Director